0

Rocket French = Fast, Fun & Funny

Posted by funky monkey on Sunday, August 01, 2010


This summer I decided to experiment with some of the other popular products that Rocket Languages had available. Awhile ago I had actually purchased "Rocket French" but had never gotten around to using because at that time, my focus was on becoming fluent in spanish. Now that I'd achieved my goal of fluency, I was ready for a new challenge. So I couldn't think of a better way to make good use of my time other than to lie in the summer sun listening to Rocket French audio lessons on my ipod.

As for my consensus, I would have to say that Rocket French can be summed up in three words: fast, fun & funny.  French is a complex language. There is no doubt about it. This language has a notorious reputation for putting off potential language learners with it's multitude of irregular verbs and rules broken. As well as having words that are just as hard to pronounce as they are to read.  There is just no fast way to fluency with french.....or is there?  Rocket French proved that there is.

With your Rocket French hosts Marie Claire and Paul Martin, they take you on a journey that will navigate you pasts all the previous traps that ensnare language learners and take you on the fast track to fluency. In terms of grammar, you'll only learn what is relevant and what you will need to know for real life encounters in France or any french speaking country.

They take you through real life situations and only role play conversations that you can use practically. And while doing so, they've even found a little bit of time during each audio course to talk to you about french culture so that you walk away from each lesson with some travelling tips as well as a better understanding of the language itself.

Topics that they role play and cover are themes such as buying wine, going to the grocery store, booking a hotel room, taking the tram, meeting and greeting family, skiing on the french slopes and SO MUCH MORE!!!!!  And Paul's sense of humour throughout the entire course is an added bonus. Learning a new language is going to be work even with a course as simple and practical as Rocket French so it is important to keep things fun for the learner.  But the banter between Paul and Marie Claire certainly kept things entertaining and amusing throughout the entire course.

Rocket French will have you soaring as a language learner like those birds from the clip "Winged Migration" could be seen soaring over France. Although I spend a majority of my time in the latin american world, I never know where the journey of life will take me next. It is comforting to know that no matter where I go or whom I may encounter, there is a program out there like Rocket French that will put me on the road to fluency in a manner that is fast, fun & funny.




0 Comments

Post a Comment

Join Kony 2012 as We Make a Goal to Arrest One of he World's Worst Criminals

counter

Copyright © 2009 Tango 2 the Moon All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.